Thompson & Morgan Pumpkin Zombie F1 Hybrid
Free UK and All-Ireland delivery when you spend £100 or more. Prices include local rate VAT for UK & EU countries. Please allow up to 5 working days to receive your delivery.
Zombie might be the ugliest, scariest pumpkin you‚ve ever seen! Plants have a trailing habit, producing 2-3 warty fruits of 3-4kg (6.5-8.5 lbs) each which will ripen during September and store until October ready for Halloween decoration - you hardly need to carve them, they‚re pretty scary already!
Sow seeds on their sides in small 7.5cm (3in) pots of seed compost at a depth of about 2.5cm (1in). Place them in a propagator or seal the pots inside a polythene bag at a temperature of 20°C (68°F) until germination, which takes 5-7 days. Once germinated, grow plants on for about 4 weeks until they are large enough to be transplanted outdoors.
Gradually acclimatise over 7-10 days before transplanting into warm, well-drained, humus-rich soil in full sun, with shelter from winds. Choose a spot that receives at least 6 hours of direct sun per day and prepare the soil in advance, adding plenty of well-rotted manure or compost. Plant at a minimum of 120cm (4ft) apart between plants. Pile the soil into mounds about 15cm (6in) high. Plant each pumpkin plant on top of a mound to ensure good drainage and keep them well watered until they are established. Feed with a general fertiliser a few weeks after planting.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: April to May
- No of Seeds: 4
- Measured By: Seed
SEEN IT CHEAPER?
We love offering the best value available. Please let is know if you see what appears to be a better deal elsewhere.
We may be able to either match or beat it. There are a few conditions:
- Must be identical to a competitor's e.g. matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Our competitor's item must be currently in stock.
- Competitors price must be inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
- If you have any questions, please get in touch.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.