Thompson & Morgan Beetroot Red Ace
FREE and FAST UK and All-Ireland delivery when you spend £59 or more on Christmas items. We dispatch from the UK for UK buyers and the EU for EU buyers. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
A main crop variety with round to oval, high quality roots with a dark red colour. The hybrid vigour of Beetroot Red Ace makes it a very strong grower which will do well in most sites and soils; good in dry seasons. Excellent for exhibition.
Sow seeds from spring to early summer very thinly in drills 3cm (1in) deep in rows 30cm (12in) apart.
When seedlings are large enough to handle thin them out gradually to 1cm (4in) apart. The later thinnings will be large enough to use in a salad. Pull the beetroot when the roots are 1¬Ωin diameter or larger.
The smaller the roots the better the quality. In mid autumn lift the remaining roots, twist off the tops and use or store in a clamp as you would potatoes.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to October
- No of Seeds: 150
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.